Friday, September 30, 2011

What?! End of September!

The farm has changed considerably since my last post.  We've got our 3 acre field fenced, which includes 27 dug and cemented posts, Lord knows how many t-posts and 700 feet of fence.  We couldn't have done it without friends and family toiling alongside with us.

And then came the cattle herd, three orphans I traded with my brother for a couple of websites.  A bottle fed Corriente heifer named Rosie, who is about a year old (as I write this I can hear her bawling out in the field for a little morning grain) and two younger bull calves, Libre and Huerfano.

The chickens come and go (ask me about the Christmas Eve Eve massacre), but presently we have 14 bantam layers, pictured below eating Kale.  They are quite the producers of leetle tiny eggs.  Omlettes and Chili Rellenos are scrumptious, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment